- Kuingia na silaha na kufanya uvamizi katika chombo cha habari ni kukiuka...
- Media Council of Tanzania (MCT) officials recently inspected two Kiliman...
- Baraza la Habari Tanzania (MCT) kwa kushirikiana na washirika wake, lime...
- KESI iliyofunguliwa na Umoja wa Klabu za Waandishi wa Habari Tanzania (U...
- The Media Council of Tanzania (MCT), and a coalition of human rights org...
- The Minister Counsellor of Embassy of China, Mr. Gou Haodong has shared ...
- The Media Council of Tanzania (MCT) held its 18th National General Conve...
- Trends of recorded press freedom violation incidents in 2015 shows that ...
- The Media Council of Tanzania has released the full monitoring report th...
- Frank Bahati of TBC1 scooped the overall winner Award of the seventh edi...
Media Council of Tanzania Website
The Ethics Committee of the Media Council of Tanzania (MCT) is set to mediate four complaints on January 30,
2013, at the MCT conference room, Mwenge, Dar es Salaam. A statement issued by the Executive Secretary of the Media Council of Tanzania on January 29,2013, Kajubi Mukajanga said that Committee Chairman retired Justice Thomas Mihayo will preside over the hearing of complaints that will begin 9:00 am. Journalists are welcome.
Mukajanga who is also the Secretary of the Committee said in the statement that the complaints that would be mediated involves Legal and Human Rights Centre (LHRC) against the Citizen newspaper, Fair Competition Commission (FCC) against Raia Mwema newspaper, Orijino Komedi against global publishers and East African Television (EATV) presenter against Sani newspaper.
The statement by Mukajanga states that LHCR has complained against the Citizen Newspaper that on May 3, 2012 it published a defamatory and false story that injured the reputation of the Non-governmental organization.
The story headlined “Scam claims hit top NGO”claimed among other things, that the LHRC was in crisis over claims of wanton embezzlement of funds, made by a management, financial and audit consulting firm with international connections.
A complaint has also been raised against Raia Mwema Newspaper in which the FCC claims that the paper on its March 21, 2012 issue published a libelous article against the Director General of the FCC, one Dr. Geoffrey E. Mariki.
The article was headlined“Kashfa betri bandia za simu Kariakoo yawagusa vigogo” is claimed to link the complainant to alleged flooding of Counterfeit phone batteries in Kariakoo, Dar es Salaam.
The Orijino Komedi have also raised a complaint against Global Publishers, claiming that on different dates in August and September 2012, the company had maliciously published defamatory stories against the members of the comedy group through its newspapers namely Ijumaa, Ijumaa Wikienda, Uwazi and Risasi.
The story headlined “Mateso ya Vengu wachawi ni Orijino Komedi wenyewe” literally meant that the comedy group was responsible for the disease which attacks Vengu, one of their colleagues.
A Presenter with EATV, Patrick Nyembera, has also raised a complaint against Sani newspaper claiming that on May 26-29 2012 and June 2-5 2012 it published false and defamatory stories against him.
The stories were headlined “Mtangazaji asakwa na polisi kwa tuhuma za kutishia” (Presenter wanted by police for causing terror)and “Mtangazaji wa TV Dar Mbaroni”(TV Presenter Dar in police custody).
The Media Council of Tanzania is a non-statutory self regulatory body that promotes Media freedom while enhancing responsible journalism.
- No feeds found!