- Kuingia na silaha na kufanya uvamizi katika chombo cha habari ni kukiuka...
- Media Council of Tanzania (MCT) officials recently inspected two Kiliman...
- Baraza la Habari Tanzania (MCT) kwa kushirikiana na washirika wake, lime...
- KESI iliyofunguliwa na Umoja wa Klabu za Waandishi wa Habari Tanzania (U...
- The Media Council of Tanzania (MCT), and a coalition of human rights org...
- The Minister Counsellor of Embassy of China, Mr. Gou Haodong has shared ...
- The Media Council of Tanzania (MCT) held its 18th National General Conve...
- Trends of recorded press freedom violation incidents in 2015 shows that ...
- The Media Council of Tanzania has released the full monitoring report th...
- Frank Bahati of TBC1 scooped the overall winner Award of the seventh edi...
Media Council of Tanzania Website
Nine judges of the Excellence in Journalism Awards Tanzania (EJAT) took the oath and pledged to undertake their assignment of sifting and scrutinizing entries vying for 2012 awards both in print and electronic media with diligence and without favour.
A total of 946 entries compete for awards in the 20 categories an increase of 174 entries from the 772 entries received for 2011 EJAT.
The oath was administered by the chairperson of the Ethics Committee of the Media Council of Tanzania (MCT) retired judge, Justice Thomas Mihayo . The Council is the lead partner of the organizers of EJAT
Those who took the oath on February 21, 2012 and witnessed by a large audience of press corps, were the panel’s lead judge Wence Mushi – a veteran editor and Chief Sub Editor of the Guardian newspaper, Bernadina Chahali – Editor of Channel Ten and Magic Fm, veteran announcer Edda Sanga, veteran journalist and editor Anaclet Rwegayura.
Others are Yusuf Omar Chunda veteran broadcaster cum journalist and Director of Information Services in Zanzibar, veteran cameraman Ngalimecha Ngahyoma, Features Editor of the Daily News, Pudenciana Temba, prominent photo journalist, Mwanzo Milinga and Pili Mtambalike veteran journalist and Regulation and Standards Manager of MCT.
The panel’s Secretary, Attilio Tagalile who was reported to be outside Dar es Salaam while the other members of the panel took the oath, will be sworn in on a later day.
The EJAT judges will begin their task from Monday February 25, 2013 to March 3, 2013.
Speaking after the swearing-in ceremony, Justice Mihayo told the EJAT judges that their task is very challenging.
“The entire exercise depends so much on your work so as to make it meaningful”, he added.
Your decisions should be based on the quality of entries and not otherwise, Justice Mihayo emphasised.
He praised the lead judge Mushi stating that his record is impeccable.
This is the second time Mushi leads the judging panel of EJAT. He first led the panel in 2011.
Earlier, the Chairperson of the organizing committee of EJAT, Kajubi Mukajanga, said the entries for the 2012 competition have been received from 565 media practitioners.
This, he said , is a testimony that the number of journalists in country has increased tremendously.
The EJAT Gala night where winners will be announced and awarded prizes, trophies and certificates will be on April 5, 2013 and the official guest is the Zanzibar President Dr. Ali Mohamed Shein.
Other EJAT partners include Tanzania Media Women’s Association (TAMWA) Association of Journalists against Aids in Tanzania (AJAAT), Tanzania Sports Writers Association (TASWA), Tanzania Media Fund (TMF), Tanzania Editors Forum (TEF), HakiElimu, Media Owners Association of Tanzania (MOAT), AMREF, ANSAF, BEST-AC, Journalists Association of Tanzania (JET) John Hopkins University, and the Media Institute of Southern Africa - Tanzania chapter (MISA-Tan).
- No feeds found!