- Kuingia na silaha na kufanya uvamizi katika chombo cha habari ni kukiuka...
- Media Council of Tanzania (MCT) officials recently inspected two Kiliman...
- Baraza la Habari Tanzania (MCT) kwa kushirikiana na washirika wake, lime...
- KESI iliyofunguliwa na Umoja wa Klabu za Waandishi wa Habari Tanzania (U...
- The Media Council of Tanzania (MCT), and a coalition of human rights org...
- The Minister Counsellor of Embassy of China, Mr. Gou Haodong has shared ...
- The Media Council of Tanzania (MCT) held its 18th National General Conve...
- Trends of recorded press freedom violation incidents in 2015 shows that ...
- The Media Council of Tanzania has released the full monitoring report th...
- Frank Bahati of TBC1 scooped the overall winner Award of the seventh edi...
Media Council of Tanzania Website
.Winners to shine in glory with trophies
. Justice Nsekela to grace the occasion
.400 guests invited for ceremony
This Friday March 14, 2014 is the climax for the Excellency in Journalism Awards Tanzania for 2013 (EJAT).
Hundred and one nominees of the event will know who among them will emerge winners and take the coveted trophies, prizes and certificates and who will end with certificates only.
Forty two dignitaries will present the awards to the winners and certificates at the Gala Night to be held at the Mlimani City Hall, in Dar es Salaam.
There are 19 categories and winners will be awarded from Print, Radio and Television for each category.
For the overall winner, apart from the trophy and prizes – he/she will also receive a scholarship to pursue studies provided by the Media Council of Tanzania (MCT) which is the lead partner of the EJAT organizing committee.
During the event a media practitioner who has made tremendous achievement in the profession will be awarded the Lifetime Achievement in Journalist Award (LAJA).
The LAJA winner in addition to trophy and certificate will be awarded TZS 10 million.
According to the Acting Executive Secretary of MCT, Pili Mtambalike, preparations for the event have been completed.
The official guest is the President of the East African Court of Justice, Justice Harold Nsekela.
Four hundred guests have been invited for the event which is held once every year to honour journalists for outstanding performance.
The invitees include journalists, editors, stakeholders, and development partners, sponsors of the event and government officials.
The ceremonies will be coloured by Wane Star Group with performances in traditional dances and acrobatics.
This is the fifth time the event is held since the competition was started in 2009. For the Lifetime Achievement in Journalism Award, this is the third time it is presented.
This is the second time the EJAT ceremony is held at Mlimani City Hall. The First event was held at the former MovenPick Hotel now Serena in 2009 and in 2010 it was held at Mlimani City and in 2011 and 2012 at the Diamond Jubilee Hall.
Other members of the EJAT organizing patners are Tanzania, Media Fund (TMF), Tanzania Editors Forum (TEF), Association of Journalists Against Aids (AJAAT), Tanzania Sports Writers Association (TASWA), Media Owners of Tanzania (MOAT) Media Institute of Southern Africa -Tanzania Chapter (MISA-Tan), John Hopkins University, HakiElimu, Tanzania Media Women’s Association (TAMWA), AMREF, ANSAF, BEST-AC and Sikika
- No feeds found!