- Kuingia na silaha na kufanya uvamizi katika chombo cha habari ni kukiuka...
- Media Council of Tanzania (MCT) officials recently inspected two Kiliman...
- Baraza la Habari Tanzania (MCT) kwa kushirikiana na washirika wake, lime...
- KESI iliyofunguliwa na Umoja wa Klabu za Waandishi wa Habari Tanzania (U...
- The Media Council of Tanzania (MCT), and a coalition of human rights org...
- The Minister Counsellor of Embassy of China, Mr. Gou Haodong has shared ...
- The Media Council of Tanzania (MCT) held its 18th National General Conve...
- Trends of recorded press freedom violation incidents in 2015 shows that ...
- The Media Council of Tanzania has released the full monitoring report th...
- Frank Bahati of TBC1 scooped the overall winner Award of the seventh edi...
Media Council of Tanzania Website
July 18, 2014 will remain a special day for the Media Council of Tanzania (MCT) for a long to come.
It is the day that the Council bade farewell to a close friend- the Ambassador of Norway, IngunnKlepsvik.
The Executive Secretary of the Council, Kajubi Mukajanga, made brief but inspiring remarks during the a farewell reception for the outgoing ambassador whose country together with Sweden and Switzerland fund the MCT’s programme strategy.
He said through her leadership, Norway was so close friend to the Council.
She sorted out funding problems, promoted and maintained robust relationship with the Council, he said.
Praises for the ambassador who has completed her tour of duty in Tanzania were also made by the President of MCT Governing Board, Justice Thomas Mihayo.
He told her that she is highly held at the Council because she was accessible, willing to help, supportive and she knew what the Council stands for.
The support that Norway made to the Council, has greatly enhanced the development and even more greatly enhanced the quality of the media in Tanzania, he added.
On her part the Ambassador said MCT is a reliable institution and commands respect.
She said it was a wonderful experience for her to work with the council that is pushing for quality and responsible media.
The Amabassador accompanied by the Norwegian Embassy Country Economist Svein Olan Svodal, was presented with gifts – a wooden flower pot, an African dress and her drawn portrait.
The farewell reception was attended by editors from mainstream media, governing board member of MCT, Rose Haji and Think Tank member Prof Ruth Meena, and staff of the Council.
- No feeds found!