- Kuingia na silaha na kufanya uvamizi katika chombo cha habari ni kukiuka...
- Media Council of Tanzania (MCT) officials recently inspected two Kiliman...
- Baraza la Habari Tanzania (MCT) kwa kushirikiana na washirika wake, lime...
- KESI iliyofunguliwa na Umoja wa Klabu za Waandishi wa Habari Tanzania (U...
- The Media Council of Tanzania (MCT), and a coalition of human rights org...
- The Minister Counsellor of Embassy of China, Mr. Gou Haodong has shared ...
- The Media Council of Tanzania (MCT) held its 18th National General Conve...
- Trends of recorded press freedom violation incidents in 2015 shows that ...
- The Media Council of Tanzania has released the full monitoring report th...
- Frank Bahati of TBC1 scooped the overall winner Award of the seventh edi...
Media Council of Tanzania Website
These are complaints that were brought before the Ethics Committee and decided/resolved.
- Legal and Human Rights Centre (LHRC) vs. The Citizen Newspaper
- Fair Competition Commission (FCC) vs. Raia Mwema Newspaper
- Orijino Komedy vs. Global Publishers
- Patrick Nyembera vs. Sani Newspaper
1. Legal and Human Right Centre (LHRC)-versus-The Citizen Newspaper
LHRC complained The Citizen Newspaper for publishing a damaging story by quoting a special audit report on its edition of May 3, 2012 with a headline “Scam claims hit top NGO” insinuating that there were embezzlement. . LHRC demanded The Citizen News paper to publish a formal apology because there were no scam reported from the audit report alleging that the media report has dented its reputation to the general public and to the donor community.
The Citizen Newspaper agreed to have wronged the complainant and agreed to correct its earlier report of which they did.
2. Fair competition Commission (FCC)-versus-Raia Mwema Newspaper
Fair Competition Commission was aggrieved by a report carried by the defendant on its issue No. 231 dated 21 – 27 March 2012 under the heading “Kashfa ya betri bandia za simu Kariakoo yawagusa vigogo, Waziri wa Biashara afichua maovu Tume ya Ushindani, Mambo mazito, Bosi wa Tume adaiwa kuandika barua ya kujiuzuru”. FCC said the report implied that its corrupt and prayed for an apology and compensation. Raia Mwema in its defence said they wrote a questionnaire to FCC on the matter but went unanswered and thus decided to rely on their investigation because the story had national interest.
EC did not allow prayers of the plaintiff because Raia Mwema acted professionally by affording the right to reply but latter did not yield to it.
Both sides were satisfied with the decision made by Ethics Committee and the dispute was put to rest.
3. Orijino Komedy-Versus-Global Publishers
Orijino Comedy complained against Global Publishers on publishing series of articles titled”Mateso ya Vengu wachawi ni Orijino Komedi wenyewe” The complainant said the series of stories were inaccurate, not balanced and had bad intentions. The plaintiff prayed for an apology of which the EC allowed but the defendant was not satisfied with the decision. The Ethics Committee counseled the complainant (Orijino Komedy) to seek another alternative to resolve the dispute.
4. Patrick Nyembera-versus-Sani Newspaper
Patrick Nyembera registered a complaint against Sani Newspaper for publishing defamatory story. The complainant demanded Sani Newspaper to publish an apology on its front page. The Ethics Committee decides in favour of Mr. Nyembera of which Sani agreed to the decision and that the apology was published in the following edition.
- No feeds found!